Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Assistant Professor - Track V in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: North Pavilion 8047, 2400 Pratt St., Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (757) 784-6919
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2015
In the News
- David Carlson: Generating Scientific Understanding from Machine Learning (Aug 24, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering )
- Carlson, D; David, LK; Gallagher, NM; Vu, M-AT; Shirley, M; Hultman, R; Wang, J; Burrus, C; McClung, CA; Kumar, S; Carin, L; Mague, SD; Dzirasa, K, Dynamically Timed Stimulation of Corticolimbic Circuitry Activates a Stress-Compensatory Pathway., Biological Psychiatry (2017) [10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.06.008] [abs].
- Hultman, R; Mague, SD; Li, Q; Katz, BM; Michel, N; Lin, L; Wang, J; David, LK; Blount, C; Chandy, R; Carlson, D; Ulrich, K; Carin, L; Dunson, D; Kumar, S; Deisseroth, K; Moore, SD; Dzirasa, K, Dysregulation of Prefrontal Cortex-Mediated Slow-Evolving Limbic Dynamics Drives Stress-Induced Emotional Pathology., Neuron, vol 91 no. 2 (2016), pp. 439-452 [10.1016/j.neuron.2016.05.038] [abs].
- Merel, J; Carlson, D; Paninski, L; Cunningham, JP, Neuroprosthetic Decoder Training as Imitation Learning., PLoS computational biology, vol 12 no. 5 (2016) [10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004948] [abs].
- Carlson, D; Hsieh, Y-P; Collins, E; Carin, L; Cevher, V, Stochastic Spectral Descent for Discrete Graphical Models, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol 10 no. 2 (2016), pp. 296-311 [10.1109/JSTSP.2015.2505684] [abs].
- Li, C; Chen, C; Carlson, D; Carin, L, Preconditioned stochastic gradient langevin dynamics for deep neural networks, 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI 2016 (2016), pp. 1788-1794 [abs].