James F. Wilson
Dr. Wilson is focused on the areas of engineering mechanics, theoretical and experimental mechanics and structural dynamics, and robotics.
- Email Address:
- Wilson, James F., Smooth mixed geometry profiles of nozzles and transition ducts, Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, vol 127 no. 6 (2005), pp. 1211 - 1213 [1.1913704] [abs].
- Wilson, James F., Segmented impact fracture of toppling truncated cones and tall trees, International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol 30 no. 4 (2004), pp. 351 - 365 [S0734-743X(03)00078-2] [abs].
- Wilson, James F. and Callis, Eric G., The dynamics of loosely jointed structures, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol 39 no. 3 (2004), pp. 503 - 514 [S0020-7462(02)00219-6] [abs].
- Wilson, James F., Lightning-induced fracture of masonry and rock, International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol 40 no. 20 (2003), pp. 5305 - 5318 [S0020-7683(03)00289-0] [abs].
- Wilson, J.F., Energy threshholds for tumbling springs, Int. J. Non-Linear Mech. (UK), vol 36 no. 8 (2001), pp. 1179 - 96 [S0020-7462(00)00088-3] [abs].
Honors and Awards
- North Carolina Registered Professional Engineer
- Keynote Speaker, NASA-RTI Bionics Workshop, 1990
- NATO-ASI Lecturer, Italy, 1989
- ASCE National Award: State-of-the-Art Structures Paper, 1987
- NATO-ASI Lecturer, Italy, 1983
- Visiting Scholar, University of Melbourne, Fall, 1982
- ASME National Award, â€œInnovation in Measurement,â€ 1978
- Visiting Scholar, Colorado State University, Fall, 1976
- Chi Epsilon, Civil Engineering Honorary
- NATO-ASI Lecturer, England, 1073
- ASEE-NASA Summer Faculty Fellow, 1969
- Sigma Xi, Research Honorary
- Freeman Scholar, 1966, ASME/ASCE National Award