Professor of Eco-hydrology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Eco-hydrology
- Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D. University of Padua (Italy), 1997
Research InterestsMy research interests include: understanding, through observations and modelling how the interaction between vegetation species and erosion/deposition processes leads to observed intertidal landforms, vegetation patterns, and biodiversity; development of an observational and a modelling understanding of marsh bio-geomorphic structures responses to changes in surface temperature and CO2 concentration; understanding and modelling plant root biomass allocation strategies as a function of hydrologic regimes; hydrological extreme events under a changing climate; eco-hydrological study and modelling of mosquito dynamics and responses to hydro-meteorological forcings
- CEE 365: Hydrologic and Environmental Data Analysis
- CEE 463L: Water Resources Engineering
- CEE 690: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CEE 761: Hydrologic and Environmental Data Analysis
- ENVIRON 322: Hydrologic and Environmental Data Analysis
- ENVIRON 590: Special Topics
- ENVIRON 593: Independent Studies and Projects
- ENVIRON 722: Hydrologic and Environmental Data Analysis
- ENVIRON 899: Master's Project
- EOS 322: Hydrologic and Environmental Data Analysis
- EOS 393: Research Independent Study
- EOS 590: Special Topics in Earth and Ocean Sciences
- EOS 710S: Bio-geomorphology: The Biophysical Processes Shaping the Earth's Surface
- EOS 722: Hydrologic and Environmental Data Analysis
- EOS 791: Independent Study
In the News
- Coastal Marshes More Resilient to Sea-Level Rise Than Previously Believed (Dec 17, 2015)
- Study Eyes Health Risks Of Drilling And Mining In Peru (Aug 5, 2014)
- Marco Marani comments: Cities prepare for the rising tide (Jan 3, 2014 | CNBC )
- Yousefi Lalimi, F; Silvestri, S; Moore, LJ; Marani, M, Coupled topographic and vegetation patterns in coastal dunes: Remote sensing observations and ecomorphodynamic implications, Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, vol 122 no. 1 (2017), pp. 119-130 [10.1002/2016JG003540] [abs].
- Jian, Y; Silvestri, S; Brown, J; Hickman, R; Marani, M, The predictability of mosquito abundance from daily to monthly timescales., Ecological Applications, vol 26 no. 8 (2016), pp. 2609-2620 [10.1002/eap.1405] [abs].
- Manoli, G; Katul, GG; Marani, M, Delay-induced rebounds in CO 2 emissions and critical time-scales to meet global warming targets, Earth's Future, vol 4 no. 12 (2016), pp. 636-643 [10.1002/2016EF000431] [abs].
- Zorzetto, E; Botter, G; Marani, M, On the emergence of rainfall extremes from ordinary events, Geophysical Research Letters, vol 43 no. 15 (2016), pp. 8076-8082 [10.1002/2016GL069445] [abs].
- Kakeh, N; Coco, G; Marani, M, On the morphodynamic stability of intertidal environments and the role of vegetation, Advances in Water Resources, vol 93 (2016), pp. 303-314 [10.1016/j.advwatres.2015.11.003] [abs].