Prasad S Kasibhatla
Professor in the Division of Environmental Sciences and PolicyThe overarching theme of my research is to develop a fundamental and quantitative understanding of the factors that determine the chemical composition of the atmosphere. I am particularly interested in delineating natural and anthropogenic impacts on the chemical composition of the atmosphere, and in exploring the potential for these impacts to affect natural ecosystems. My research involves the use of numerical models in conjunction with remote and insitu measurements of atmospheric composition.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Division of Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: Room 5114, Environment Hall, 9 Circuit Drive, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 613-8075
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Kentucky at Lexington, 1988
- M.S. University of Kentucky at Lexington, 1984
- B.S. University of Bombay, St. Xavier College, 1982
Research InterestsAtmospheric chemistry, Regional and Global Modeling and Atmospheric chemical data analysis
- CEE 665: Our Changing Atmosphere: From Air Pollution to Climate Change
- ENERGY 239: Our Changing Atmosphere: From Air Pollution to Climate Change
- ENVIRON 89S: First-Year Seminar
- ENVIRON 239: Our Changing Atmosphere: From Air Pollution to Climate Change
- ENVIRON 393: Research Independent Study
- ENVIRON 593: Independent Studies and Projects
- ENVIRON 739: Our Changing Atmosphere: From Air Pollution to Climate Change
- ENVIRON 899: Master's Project
- ENVIRON 979: DEL: The Science of Climate Change
- ENVIRON 997: Duke Environmental Leadership: Independent Studies and Projects
- ENVIRON 999: Duke Environmental Leadership: Master's Project
- Austin, KG; Kasibhatla, PS; Urban, DL; Stolle, F; Vincent, J, Reconciling oil palm expansion and climate change mitigation in Kalimantan, Indonesia., PloS one, vol 10 no. 5 (2015) [10.1371/journal.pone.0127963] [abs].
- Hodzic, A; Madronich, S; Kasibhatla, PS; Tyndall, G; Aumont, B; Jimenez, JL; Lee-Taylor, J; Orlando, J, Organic photolysis reactions in tropospheric aerosols: effect on secondary organic aerosol formation and lifetime, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol 15 no. 16 (2015), pp. 9253-9269 [10.5194/acp-15-9253-2015] [abs].
- Keppel-Aleks, G; Wolf, AS; Mu, M; Doney, SC; Morton, DC; Kasibhatla, PS; Miller, JB; Dlugokencky, EJ; Randerson, JT, Separating the influence of temperature, drought, and fire on interannual variability in atmospheric CO2., Global Biogeochemical Cycles, vol 28 no. 11 (2014), pp. 1295-1310 [10.1002/2014gb004890] [abs].
- Philip, S; Martin, RV; van Donkelaar, A; Lo, JW; Wang, Y; Chen, D; Zhang, L; Kasibhatla, PS; Wang, S; Zhang, Q; Lu, Z; Streets, DG; Bittman, S; Macdonald, DJ, Global chemical composition of ambient fine particulate matter for exposure assessment., Environmental Science & Technology, vol 48 no. 22 (2014), pp. 13060-13068 [10.1021/es502965b] [abs].
- Mukherjee, C; Kasibhatla, PS; West, M, Spatially varying SAR models and Bayesian inference for high-resolution lattice data, Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol 66 no. 3 (2014), pp. 473-494 [10.1007/s10463-013-0426-9] [abs].