Prasad S Kasibhatla
Professor in the Division of Environmental Sciences and Policy
The overarching theme of my research is to develop a fundamental and quantitative understanding of the factors that determine the chemical composition of the atmosphere. I am particularly interested in delineating natural and anthropogenic impacts on the chemical composition of the atmosphere, and in exploring the potential for these impacts to affect natural ecosystems. My research involves the use of numerical models in conjunction with remote and insitu measurements of atmospheric composition.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Division of Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: Room 5114, Environment Hall, 9 Circuit Drive, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 613-8075
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Kentucky, Lexington, 1988
- M.S. University of Kentucky, Lexington, 1984
- B.S. University of Bombay, St. Xavier College (India), 1982
Atmospheric chemistry, Regional and Global Modeling and Atmospheric chemical data analysis
- ENVIRON 89S: First-Year Seminar
- ENVIRON 239: Introduction to Atmospheric Chemistry: From Air Pollution to Climate Change
- ENVIRON 393: Research Independent Study
- ENVIRON 593: Independent Studies and Projects
- ENVIRON 898: Program Area Seminar
- ENVIRON 899: Master's Project
- ENVIRON 979: DEL: The Science of Climate Change
- ENVIRON 997: Duke Environmental Leadership: Independent Studies and Projects
- ENVIRON 999: Duke Environmental Leadership: Master's Project
- EOS 239: Introduction to Atmospheric Chemistry: From Air Pollution to Climate Change
In the News
- Travis, KR; Heald, CL; Allen, HM; Apel, EC; Arnold, SR; Blake, DR; Brune, WH; Chen, X; Commane, R; Crounse, JD; Daube, BC; Diskin, GS; Elkins, JW; Evans, MJ; Hall, SR; Hintsa, EJ; Hornbrook, RS; Kasibhatla, PS; Kim, MJ; Luo, G; McKain, K; Millet, DB; Moore, FL; Peischl, J; Ryerson, TB; Sherwen, T; Thames, AB; Ullmann, K; Wang, X; Wennberg, PO; Wolfe, GM; Yu, F, Constraining remote oxidation capacity with ATom observations., Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol 20 no. 13 (2020), pp. 7753-7781 [10.5194/acp-20-7753-2020] [abs].
- Alexander, B; Sherwen, T; D Holmes, C; A Fisher, J; Chen, Q; J Evans, M; Kasibhatla, P, Global inorganic nitrate production mechanisms: Comparison of a global model with nitrate isotope observations, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol 20 no. 6 (2020), pp. 3859-3877 [10.5194/acp-20-3859-2020] [abs].
- Seltzer, KM; Shindell, DT; Kasibhatla, P; Malley, CS, Magnitude, trends, and impacts of ambient long-term ozone exposure in the United States from 2000 to 2015, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol 20 no. 3 (2020), pp. 1757-1775 [10.5194/acp-20-1757-2020] [abs].
- Shindell, D; Faluvegi, G; Kasibhatla, P; Van Dingenen, R, Spatial Patterns of Crop Yield Change by Emitted Pollutant., Earth'S Future, vol 7 no. 2 (2019), pp. 101-112 [10.1029/2018ef001030] [abs].
- Austin, KG; Schwantes, A; Gu, Y; Kasibhatla, PS, What causes deforestation in Indonesia?, Environmental Research Letters, vol 14 no. 2 (2019) [10.1088/1748-9326/aaf6db] [abs].