Why Choose Duke Civil and Environmental Engineering?
When you choose Duke Civil and Environmental Engineering for your graduate studies, you can enjoy advantages such as:
- Intensive and personalized research opportunities with Duke CEE faculty. Unlike most other doctoral programs, we admit PhD students directly into the program and into a specific research group—providing you with the advantage of working with your research advisor from day one.
- 100 percent financial support for doctoral students for five years—plus national and international travel opportunities
- individual and group mentoring within Duke CEE, as well as PhD Plus, an innovative professional development program offering summer workshops, seminars, networking opportunities, and internship resources to position Duke PhD students for career success
- Entrepreneurial opportunities through programs such as the Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative and Duke Start-Up Challenge
- A welcoming and close-knit graduate student community—both within CEE and across Duke
- A terrific location in Durham, North Carolina—one of America’s most-accoladed cities—plus a lower cost of living compared to other metropolitan areas
Apply to Duke CEE
Learn how to apply, get tips on your application and find our feedback schedule.