Daniel A. Vallero
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Vallero conducts research focused on transport and transformation of organic compounds in environmental media, especially soil and the troposphere. He also leads the Pratt School's "Ethics across the Curriculum," which addresses ethics from introduction of academic integrity to first-year undergraduate students and throughout the students' academic and research experiences at Duke. He co-facilitates the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training for all Duke Ph.D. students actually or potentially engaged in research, and conducts research and develops teaching approaches related to macroethics of emerging technologies.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Office Location: 121 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5200
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2000
Measurement and modeling research in environmental systems, including high throughput risk screening, tracer studies, development of pollution collection devices, and biosystem engineering. Life cycle analysis and sustainable design.
- ECON 212: Engineering Systems Optimization and Economics
- EGR 305: Engineering Systems Optimization and Economics
- Vallero, D; Isukapalli, S, Simulating real-world exposures during emergency events: studying effects of indoor and outdoor releases in the Urban Dispersion Program in upper Manhattan, NY., Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology, vol 24 no. 3 (2014), pp. 279-289 [10.1038/jes.2013.38] [abs].
- Vallero, DA; Letcher, TM, Unraveling Environmental Disasters (2013) [abs].
- Wambaugh, JF; Setzer, RW; Reif, DM; Gangwal, S; Mitchell-Blackwood, J; Arnot, JA; Joliet, O; Frame, A; Rabinowitz, J; Knudsen, TB; Judson, RS; Egeghy, P; Vallero, D; Cohen Hubal, EA, High-throughput models for exposure-based chemical prioritization in the ExpoCast project., Environmental Science & Technology, vol 47 no. 15 (2013), pp. 8479-8488 [10.1021/es400482g] [abs].
- Mitchell, J; Arnot, JA; Jolliet, O; Georgopoulos, PG; Isukapalli, S; Dasgupta, S; Pandian, M; Wambaugh, J; Egeghy, P; Cohen Hubal, EA; Vallero, DA, Comparison of modeling approaches to prioritize chemicals based on estimates of exposure and exposure potential., The Science of the Total Environment, vol 458-460 (2013), pp. 555-567 [10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.04.051] [abs].
- Isaacs, K; McCurdy, T; Glen, G; Nysewander, M; Errickson, A; Forbes, S; Graham, S; McCurdy, L; Smith, L; Tulve, N; Vallero, D, Statistical properties of longitudinal time-activity data for use in human exposure modeling., Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology, vol 23 no. 3 (2013), pp. 328-336 [10.1038/jes.2012.94] [abs].