Lisa L Satterwhite
Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: CIEMAS 2455, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Johns Hopkins University, 1992
Satterwhite studies the genomics and epigenetics of environmental exposures in populations with clear health disparity. Her group identified the first genomic signature for pesticide exposure and is developing simple blood tests to diagnose early stage asymptomatic neurodegenerative disease and cancer, including Parkinson's disease and pancreatic cancer.
- ENVIRON 391: Independent Study
In the News
- Mentored Research: Exposing Links Between Environmental Contaminants and Neurological Diseases (Apr 9, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Data+ Project Researches Connection Between Type 2 Diabetes and Pancreatic Cancer (Aug 9, 2016)
- Satterwhite leading Zebrafish Toxicity study (Jul 7, 2010 | Duke Biomedical Engineering (BME))
- Roitshtain, D; Wolbromsky, L; Bal, E; Greenspan, H; Satterwhite, LL; Shaked, NT, Quantitative phase microscopy spatial signatures of cancer cells., Cytometry. Part a : the Journal of the International Society for Analytical Cytology, vol 91 no. 5 (2017), pp. 482-493 [10.1002/cyto.a.23100] [abs].
- Fernandez, CE; Obi-onuoha, IC; Wallace, CS; Satterwhite, LL; Truskey, GA; Reichert, WM, Late-outgrowth endothelial progenitors from patients with coronary artery disease: endothelialization of confluent stromal cell layers., Acta Biomaterialia, vol 10 no. 2 (2014), pp. 893-900 [10.1016/j.actbio.2013.10.004] [abs].
- Shaked, NT; Zalevsky, Z; Satterwhite, LL, Biomedical Optical Phase Microscopy and Nanoscopy, Biomedical Optical Phase Microscopy and Nanoscopy (2013) [abs].
- Shaked, NT; Zalevsky, Z; Satterwhite, LL, Biomedical Optical Phase Microscopy and Nanoscopy (2013) [10.1016/C2011-0-04627-6] [abs].
- Shaked, NT; Zalevsky, Z; Satterwhite, LL, Preface, Biomedical Optical Phase Microscopy and Nanoscopy (2013) [10.1016/B978-0-12-415871-9.00023-5] [abs].