Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Manolis Veveakis earned a Ph.D. in 2010 from the Department of Mechanics of the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Before joining Duke University, he was a Senior Lecturer at UNSW's School of Petroleum Engineering since 2014 and a Research Scientist in CSIRO's Division of Earth Sciences and Resource Engineering before that. Veveakis holds a Diploma (BSc+MEng) in Applied Mathematics and Physics (MEng in Materials Engineering), an MSc in Applied Mechanics and a PhD in Geomechanics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. National Technical University of Athens (Greece), 2010
Geomechanics, theoretical and applied mechanics, and thermodynamics, with emphasis in multiphysical modelling of plasticity of solids, solid-fluid interactions, friction laws and rheology of geomaterials
- CEE 302L: Introduction to Soil Mechanics
- CEE 690: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Regenauer-Lieb, K; Poulet, T; Veveakis, M; Alevizos, S, The dynamics of multiscale, multiphysics faults: Part I - The long-term behaviour of the lithosphere, Tectonophysics, vol 746 (2018), pp. 648-658 [10.1016/j.tecto.2017.06.011] [abs].
- Alevizos, S; Poulet, T; Walsh, SDC; Mohr Durdez, T; Veveakis, M; Regenauer-Lieb, K, The dynamics of multiscale, multiphysics faults: Part II - Episodic stick-slip can turn the jelly sandwich into a crème brûlée, Tectonophysics, vol 746 (2018), pp. 659-668 [10.1016/j.tecto.2017.06.010] [abs].
- Rattez, H; Stefanou, I; Sulem, J; Veveakis, M; Poulet, T, Numerical Analysis of Strain Localization in Rocks with Thermo-hydro-mechanical Couplings Using Cosserat Continuum, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, vol 51 no. 10 (2018), pp. 3295-3311 [10.1007/s00603-018-1529-7] [abs].
- Rattez, H; Stefanou, I; Sulem, J; Veveakis, M; Poulet, T, The importance of Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical couplings and microstructure to strain localization in 3D continua with application to seismic faults. Part II: Numerical implementation and post-bifurcation analysis, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol 115 (2018), pp. 1-29 [10.1016/j.jmps.2018.03.003] [abs].
- Liu, J; Sarout, J; Zhang, M; Dautriat, J; Veveakis, E; Regenauer-Lieb, K, Computational upscaling of Drucker-Prager plasticity from micro-CT images of synthetic porous rock, Geophysical Journal International, vol 212 no. 1 (2018), pp. 151-163 [10.1093/gji/ggx409] [abs].